Tumblewire pursues emerging technologies with passion. We invest in research and development and leverage breaking technologies to benefit our clients.
Great design is at the heart of Tumblewire’s work. We design beautiful, functional websites that are high impact, easy to use, SEO friendly, responsive to mobile, social media enabled, secure, and content manageable. We ensure that the site’s information architecture gets visitors where they want to go quickly, and that the action items your company needs are prominently and strategically displayed.
If you will be selling products or services online, or simply taking payments from your users, Tumblewire can establish the appropriate e-commerce approach to optimize ease of use and functionality.
For simpler websites, we typically recommend development on the WordPress platform, the world’s #1 content management system. Should your site require database integration, complex user rights, or portal capabilities, we usually implement solutions based on a Drupal architecture, designing custom modules as required.
Advanced Web Functionality
Tumblewire has strong system development capabilities, and can tackle large complex projects such as:
- database integration
- purpose built mobile solutions
- salesforce integration
- customized user profiles
- complex user rights
- portal implementation
- order tracking
- personnel assignment
- telephony solutions
- high security implementations
- real time mission critical applications
- MS Access integration
- intranet integration
- cross-platform implementations
For most complex web application projects we select the proven open source Drupal platform backed by an Apache / MySQL architecture. For clients with existing Windows-based system infrastructure, as many of our larger clients have, we deploy solutions using an asp.net / IIS / SQL Server architecture.
Mobile is a fast growing and under-utilized technology medium that plays a strategic role in almost any web implementation. Building a fantastic mobile experience for your users almost certainly requires one of the following approaches:
- Responsive design: as with the website that you are looking at right now, a responsive website will interchange styling based on the browser window size;
- Mobile app: an app is able to run offline when required, yet otherwise stay synced to the main database; apps can also make use of unique smartphone hardware features such as the GPS and the camera
- Purpose built mobile web: with IATSE 873, we developed a separate mobile site tailored specifically to the needs of their technicians while on location; unlike the main site which is loaded with features and content, we stripped the mobile site down to four priority functions, making it easy to use with no content bloat
Cloud Based Telephony:
Using the cloud to extend the power of a phone, including user authentication and automated phone menus tying into a live database, is just one feature of the new film industry technician availability system recently developed.
Information security is an important aspect of any web solution, and is especially critical when confidential data is being housed. Tumblewire has a great deal of experience in implementing user-friendly effective security measures. Our proprietary ADIR, serving some of the largest banks in the world, is PCI DSS compliant.
Tumblewire has extensive experience tailoring eCommerce solutions to the needs of businesses, and can advise companies on payment gateways and merchant accounts.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a complex challenge which is constantly evolving. For most businesses, however, creating fresh content of value is the core fundamental. Tumblewire can help you establish target key phrases and ensure that your web architecture is implemented properly to maximize your SEO potential.
Tumblewire has clients locally in Toronto but can easily serve clients in New York City, Los Angeles, London, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, Detroit, Montréal, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Calgary, and Edmonton.